Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gradr Journal Entry #3

“All that I wanted were things I had before.
All that I needed I never needed more.
All of my questions are answers to my sins.
All of my endings are waiting to begin.”

From Circle by Slipknot


February 14th, 2010

This week did not go how I envisioned it at all. I wrote a song that I had planned on recording and giving to my wife for Valentine’s Day. Instead, her heart was broken when her grandfather was taken to the emergency room on the 6th and passed away on the 10th. The first ten days of this Gradr experiment of mine went by in a flash but I would endure a thousand upon a thousand days of Gradr if I could be promised that she would never have as much heartache as she’s had in the past week. I know life would not be life without death, but that sentiment doesn’t make the passing any easier. I have to say, though… the support system that she has, and that I have because of her, is immeasurable. I wish everyone could have that. Well, thirty days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment