Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gradr Journal Entry #8

“All that I wanted were things I had before.
All that I needed I never needed more.
All of my questions are answers to my sins.
All of my endings are waiting to begin.”

From Circle by Slipknot

The Ides of March, 2010

Well, it’s day 39 and I’m not half crazy yet. I’m not counting down the minutes either. That’s a good thing. Right? I have to say, though, it hasn’t been an easy forty days. And not just because of what I’m doing without. We’ve had an elderly family member pass away, my wife tore cartilage in her knee, she’s been having problems with her back and sinuses, my youngest son had tubes put in his ears and now he has a viral throat infection that caused a rash all over his body. I had refresher training for five days, before which, I had to work the whole weekend and the Sunday after, I sneezed and realized very quickly I had a torn pectoral muscle. If that weren’t enough, there’s my brother and his drama, which, by itself, would make an excellent show on TLC. Real Idiots of Davie County. I love my brother, but he is an idiot.

Okay. Now that I got that off my chest… so, the Broncos got Brady Quinn from Cleveland. I’m not sure how I feel about that yet. I can’t say I haven’t wondered how he would have done had Denver picked him instead of Cutler. I mean, look what happened with Cutler. I’m hoping Quinn just hasn’t had the opportunity to shine due to the team he was on. This Raiders fan co-worker of mine pointed out that Ladainian Tomlinson is out of the division. Okay, except there’s a reason for that—because the Chargers don’t need him with Sproles. Anyway, it should be an interesting season, depending on what they do with Brandon Marshall.

I bet you didn’t know this was a sports blog. I’m kidding. Hey, I’ve got to write about something and this is what I’m thinking about today. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment